|Address||IGR Institut für Glas- und Rohstofftechnologie GmbH
|Phone||0049 551 205 2804|
|Fax||0049 551 205 2803|
|Get in contact with IGR Institut für Glas- und Rohstofftechnologie GmbH|
|Contact 1.||Dirk Diederich
Phone: 0049 551 2052804
Fax: 0049 551 2052803
Products or Machinery
Analytical services include (based on the equipment):
- REM-EDX for inclusions, cords, particles, asbestos and mineral fibres
- ICP-OES for chemical analysis from glass, raw material and heavy metals (50 elements, included B)
- FTIR for synthetic material and oil analysis, OH in glass, detection from
- Cold end coating and varnishing
- UV-VIS for determination of color position and transmission curve
- Nd-high-magnet separator
- “Push-Table” for determination from heavy minerals inclusive corundum
- Chemical analysis (S, C, Fe2+,Redox number, COD (chemical oxygen demand), organic, water analysis)
- Physical analysis from raw material (sieving, humidity, LOI (loss on ignition))
- Specific glass analysis (glass fracture, seeds, blisters, strains, homogeneity, density, inclusions, several corrosion tests, migration, splinters identification, several stability verification, laboratory glass melting)
- To sample, analysis from heterogeneous glass recycling waste amongst other things the assessment of the quality from recycling glass.
Company Background / History
IGR Institut für Glas- und Rohstofftechnologie GmbH
Dirk Diederich, CEO from the IGR Institut für Glas- und Rohstofftechnologie GmbH, is internationaly recognized for his twenty years of experience in glassworks, glasstechnology and laboratory analysis as a glass technology specialist
Founded in January 2008, IGRrapidly developed to a highly efficient service provider to the glass industry.
As an independent and neutral institute, it carries out physical and chemical analyses of glass, raw materials, as well as of waste glass from glass recycling. Another focus of activity centres on expert analysis in the identification and fraction analysis of glass splinters.
IGR operates as a consultant to internationally renowned glass melting factories, raw material suppliers and glass recycling companies advising on batch, melting, moulding process as well as cooling, hot and cold coating issues i.e. through the entire technology chain. In addition, our consultants are advised on production optimisation and overcoming defects.
IGR prides itself on its research and development, internal and external training programmes and laboratories. The institute uses an IGR internal Quality-Management- System that complies with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025. Additionally, IGR analyses construction materials and fire retardant materials as well as examining harmful materials such as asbestos or mineral fibres.
Overview of IGR
- Founded in 2008 with headquarters in Göttingen, Germany,
- Winner of the economic price 2010 in Göttingen,
- Winner of the innovation award in 2011, 2013 and 2014 in Göttingen,
- Internationally resignierend DakkS certificate of accreditation - including the
ILAC MRA-mark in may 2015,