|| Cumbria Crystal Ltd.
||The Lakes Glass Centre
Oubas Hill, Ulverston
Phone: 0044 1229 584400
Fax: 0044 1229 581132
||Production (Hot End), Machine Worker
|Country / Region
|Type of contract
As a Senior Glassblower you will support the Master Glass Blower to effectively manage the glassblowing teams to ensure the efficient production of high quality hand-blown crystal.
- Work effectively with the glasshouse team, with a proactive approach to ensuring high standards of quality and workmanship.
- Co-ordinate and produce products using all available techniques including mould blowing and hand glass making.
- Assist Furnace build, filling, maintenance and repairs as necessary.
- Assist with other repairs and maintenance in the glasshouse facility if necessary.
- Assist our designers with the development of new collections, products and techniques. Work effectively and pro-actively with technical consultants and management.
- Provide glass blowing demonstrations to the general public.
- Deliver glassblowing workshops and experiences as required.
- Work with clients, the environment agency and other official bodies, suppliers and customers as required.
- Pro-active approach to Health and Safety, procedures and safe operation of machinery, tools, hot glass and raw materials in the glasshouse & ensure they are followed at all times.
- To maintain an overview of the quality of production across the glasshouse team and liaise with the Master Glass Maker to ensure quality & efficient production accordingly.
- Assist with maintenance of glass-house facilities as required.
- Pro-active approach to minimising energy consumption and reducing waste.
- Assist with producing/maintaining up to date Risk Assessments.
- When more senior members of the team are absent you will be required to undertake a team leadership role.
- Option to join the furnace alarm call-out team.
- Continuously strive towards maintaining and developing your skills as a Glass Maker and undertake any necessary training in order for you to fulfill your role.
- Develop, teach and mentor junior members of the glass making team as required.
- As a named key holder you may be required to oversee the security of the factory.
- Assist with commissioning and decommissioning of furnaces.
- Program controllers for melting cycles, arching of pots and daily temperature settings as required.
- Lehr programming, production & reannealing as required.
- Pro-active approach to all roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to supervise and delegate within a team.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize busy work loads.
- Communicate clearly, openly and effectively with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently using your own initiative and within a team.
- Reliable trustworthy and a good time keeper.
- Attention to detail, care, patience and respect for the craftsmanship and time involved in making our products.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions effectively.
- Respect and consideration towards all your colleagues.
- Accurate record keeping.
To apply or for more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unit 4, Canal Head
Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 7LB